Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Kirkburton, West Yorkshire
Salary: Negotiable; dependent on qualifications and experience.
Start Date: ASAP
Face Consultants Ltd are an established, internationally regarded company with a consultant civil engineering department who are highly respected and leaders in their field. They provide engineering for logistics facilities and industrial buildings. Due to increased work and company expansion, a fantastic opportunity has become available for a dynamic design engineer to join the team.
The role involves liaising professionally with clients on their design requirements. This is followed by producing detailed designs and specifications as well as undertaking structural calculations. The right candidate will assist with all aspects of the design office.
An important part of the role is being able to read and comprehend working drawings effectively and efficiently. As well as understanding construction detailing and methods.
There will also be an aspect of site supervision with opportunities for on site Quality Assurance which is followed by report writing.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring and motivated design engineer who has the drive and enthusiasm to develop their skills and take the next step in their career.
Essential Skills and Experiences:
- A Civil or Structural Engineering degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
- The ability to sustain an overview of projects while maintaining attention to detail
- A working knowledge of EC2
- Structural design of concrete structures
Desirable Skills and Experiences:
- Experience in flooring
- Knowledge and understanding of TR34 and floor design
- 3 to 5 years design experience within consultancy
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
We’d like you to be:
- Willing to learn and develop
- Professional and courteous
- Able to manager work under own initiative
Please send a CV and covering letter to Lara Davies:
Tel: +44 (0) 1484 600090