Job Title: Multi-skilled Engineer/Fitter (Mechanically Biased)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kirkburton, Huddersfield
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 dependent on experience
Due to the re-structuring of our engineering department, a fantastic opportunity has become available for a multi-skilled engineer/fitter, with a strong mechanical background, to join an established International flooring/construction company who is willing to invest in you. This unique position will provide the right candidate an environment where true potential & ability will be recognised and nurtured.
The role will involve working with a range of carefully designed machines, specific to our company. These machines are built in house from fabricated parts based on our own designs. Not only will the right candidate build these bespoke machines, they will be able to fault find, repair and provide solutions to problems.
A large part of the role will be dealing with building, assembly, installation and testing of hydraulics and electrical systems. The right candidate will be a self motivated engineer who is eager for a challenge and confident enough to work on their own initiative.
This is a great opportunity for a flexible multi-skilled engineer/fitter who has a wide range of abilities to develop their skills and become the best they can be.
Key Skills in order of importance:
- Good knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulics and 12 V & 24V electrics.
- Welding and light fabrication using MIG.
- Experience in disassembly, repair and inspection of small plant.
- Experienced in using a centre lathe and milling machines.
- An understanding of function and design of hydraulic/electrical components.
- Experience in a maintenance/service role.
- Automotive electrics would also be advantageous but not essential.
- Full UK driving licence is essential.
- Flexible and willing to travel at short notice with up to date passport.
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative.
To apply for the position, please send a CV and completed application form to Debbie Hoyle – email@example.com