Job Title: Surveyor / Site Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kirkburton, Huddersfield
Salary: £20,100 per annum starting salary
SURVEYOR / SITE ENGINEER required for global flooring specialists, providing services to the construction, distribution, retail and manufacturing sectors.
- The position is Huddersfield based but the candidate must be willing to travel, often at short notice, throughout the UK and overseas to carry out surveying or testing and / or supervise on-site floor construction of short and long term projects up to 6 weeks.
- Opportunity to work in places such as Australia, Dubai, Thailand and China.
- As well as carrying out specialist surveying and testing, the candidate is required to work with contractors and their workforce on flooring projects monitoring the construction process to ensure that construction tolerances and materials quality requirements are met.
- Face Consultants have particular expertise of high tolerance and ‘Superflat’ floors.
- Surveying, testing and flooring experience would be beneficial but is not essential as full training will be given.
- Starting salary of £19,400.00, reviewed after initial training period. A company car will also be provided when the candidate reaches a required level of competency. Further benefits include a pension scheme and 23 days annual leave plus stats.
Main duties will include
- Floor Flatness Surveys using our in-house equipment
- Floor Testing & Report writing to include Level Survey, Slip Resistance testing, Screed Testing and Abrasion Resistance Testing
- Site QA Visits & On-site Supervision
Key skills and requirements
- The candidate will ideally hold qualifications in Building or Civil Engineering at HNC, HND or degree level
- The candidate must be computer literate with experience in using Microsoft Excel
- It is also desirable but not essential for the candidate to be competent in the use of AutoCAD
- Full Driving License is essential
- The candidate should hold a full UK Passport
- Good communication skills and team spirit approach
- CSCS card is desirable but not essential
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with the right qualifications or experience to begin a rewarding career in a dynamic, international company.
If you tick all the boxes, then we want to hear from you!
Please send a CV and covering letter to Lara Davies: