Vacancy: Assistant Surveyor
- Job Title: Assistant Surveyor
- Job Type: Full Time and Permanent
- Company: Face Consultants Ltd
- Location: Newbury, Berkshire
(A large amount of travel is involved, often at short notice, with frequent overnight stays ranging from 1 to 4 nights away on a weekly basis and up to 6 weeks away when working abroad)
- Expenses: When staying away from home; hotels will be paid for by the company. Breakfast and evening meal allowances will be given monthly.
ASSISTANT SURVEYOR required for global flooring specialists, providing services to the construction, distribution, retail and manufacturing sectors.
- The position is Newbury based but the candidate must be willing to travel, often at short notice, throughout the UK and overseas to carry out surveying or testing of industrial warehouse floors. Projects are short and long term, lasting up to 6 weeks.
- Face Consultants have particular expertise of high tolerance and ‘Superflat’ floors.
- Face Consultants can carry out all the necessary tests for flooring which support AMR (Autonomous Mobile Robots), Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) to ASRS (Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems).
The role will involve assisting surveyors on jobs throughout the UK, and possibly Europe. The main duties will include holding a survey staff and marking out survey grids, mainly on warehouse floors, as well as helping to record data etc.
A driving licence is essential, as is access to your own transport to get to the office in Newbury, academic qualifications, although not essential for the role, would be beneficial. Other essential requirements are, the willingness to work on site, the ability to take instructions effectively and a valid CSCS card.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, quick learner who has a desire to develop their skills, gain experience working on site and support a growing company.
Key skills and requirements
- Flexible and willing to travel at short notice.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally.
- A self-motivator and a quick learner.
- Able to follow instructions.
- A valid CSCS card is essential.
- Computer literate.
If you tick all the boxes, then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send a CV and completed application form to Lara Davies, HR Manager: