Job Title: Senior Civil / Structural Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dene House, Kirkburton but the role involves travel throughout the UK and Europe
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £28,000.00 – £38,000.00 per annum; negotiable dependent on experience
Face Consultants Ltd are global experts in the design, construction and testing of industrial concrete flooring predominantly in the logistics industry. Due to our key position in this rapidly growing sector we require a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to join our team.
The Senior Engineer will be required to help manage key accounts and organise delivery of our services. This will involve preparing detailed calculations for various types of concrete floor slabs.
Once trained, the right candidate will be required to attend existing facilities with problematic floors to help carry out forensic investigation works and compile reports illustrating findings.
Another service we offer to clients involves carrying out site supervision quality control. This ensures that the floors are constructed in line with the intended design. Face Consultants Ltd have a team dedicated to the delivery of this service but the Senior Engineer will be required, during peak periods, to attend site, carry out these inspections and compile reports with the use of our specialist dedicated software.
As part of our design work, the Senior Engineer will be assigned projects and be required, with training, to manage all aspects from initial proposals through to completion. As part of this, we are often required to attend project design team meetings. Likewise, as part of our site quality control services we are required to attend and often chair pre-construction meetings with clients, main contractors, concrete suppliers and specialist sub-contractors.
Essential Skills and experience:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Technically competent with a good understanding of the design and construction of concrete structures.
- Able to manage and mentor junior staff as well as work under their own initiative in a fast-paced industry.
- Good communicator and able to work effectively with a wide variety of colleagues both on site and within the office environment.
- Previous experience in detailed concrete design to either BS8110 or EC2.
Desirable Skills and experience:
- Ideally working towards or attained Chartered Engineer status – MICE or IStructE
- Any previous design experience with TR34 but training will be provided.
Consideration will also be given to candidates with less formal training but with extensive specialist concrete flooring experience.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to:
Lara Davies – HR Manager