Vacancy: Trainee Surveyor
- Job Title: Trainee Surveyor
- Job Type: Permanent
- Company: Face Consultants Ltd
- Location: Kirkburton, Huddersfield
- Salary: £21,900.00 starting salary (Senior Surveyor salary £33,300.00)
- Expenses: When staying away from home; hotels will be paid for by the company. Breakfast and evening meal allowances will be given monthly.
SURVEYOR required for global flooring specialists, providing services to the construction, distribution, retail and manufacturing sectors.
- The position is Huddersfield based but the candidate must be willing to travel, often at short notice, throughout the UK and overseas to carry out surveying or testing of industrial warehouse floors. Projects are short and long term, lasting up to 6 weeks.
- Opportunity to work in places such as America, Dubai, Europe and China.
- Face Consultants have particular expertise of high tolerance and ‘Superflat’ floors.
- Face Consultants can carry out all the necessary tests for flooring which supports AMR (Autonomous Mobile Robots), Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) to ASRS (Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems).
- Surveying, testing and flooring experience would be beneficial but is not essential as full training will be given.
- Starting salary of £21,900.00, reviewed after initial training period. Training is tiered and coincides with salary increases. A company car will also be provided when the candidate reaches a required level of competency and the company deem necessary.
Main duties will include
- Floor Flatness Surveys using our in-house equipment
- Floor Testing & Report writing to include Level Survey, Slip Resistance testing, Screed Testing and Abrasion Resistance Testing
- Flooring testing in relation to AMR, AGVs and ASRS; including testing of gloss, friction and surface micro roughness.
Key skills and requirements
- The candidate will ideally hold qualifications in Building or Civil Engineering at HNC, HND or degree level
- The candidate must be computer literate with experience in using Microsoft Excel
- It is also desirable but not essential for the candidate to be competent in the use of AutoCAD
- Full Driving License is essential
- The candidate should hold an in-date passport with at least 6 months validity at all times
- Good communication skills and team spirit approach
- CSCS card is essential
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with the right qualifications and experience to begin a rewarding career in a dynamic, international company.
If you tick all the boxes, then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send a CV and and completed application form to Lara Davies, HR Manager: