Vacancy: Civil Engineer – Eurostick – Spain
- Job Title: Civil Engineer
- Job Type: Full Time and Permanent
- Company: Eurostick S.L.
- Location: Madrid, Spain
(Some travel will be required, often at short notice, with stays ranging from 1 to 4 nights during the week)
- Expenses: When staying away from home, hotels and meals will be paid for by the company. When using own vehicle to travel to site, mileage will be paid for by the company according to the engineers’ governmental rules.
- The position is based in Madrid, but the candidate must be willing to travel, often at short notice, throughout Spain and sometimes abroad for site meetings, technical assistance work, testing of logistic building floors. Projects are short and long term, lasting up to 6 weeks.
- EUROSTICK, with more than 30 years in the sector, has a vast experience in high tolerance industrial flooring, from design, design review, execution control, to certification of the surface characteristics required by the building owner.
- EUROSTICK is currently part of a group of companies: CoGri Group (UK) and Qualidal (France).Knowledge of the applicable industrial flooring regulations (TR34, ACI) would be an advantage, although it is not a fundamental requirement.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of concrete and the applicable regulations (EHE-08 or CTE) will be an asset.
- Experience in concrete flooring is essential, but training will be provided for other aspects of the role.
- The candidate will join a young team, with a good working environment where we attach great importance to work-life balance.
- Good socio-economic conditions will be provided.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to receive technical training in Spain and abroad.
- Starting salary will be reviewed after the initial training period. Training is staggered and coincides with salary increases.
- To make offers to clients and assist them with any clarifications they may require.
- Organise and supervise the site team and inform superiors of any incidents of note.
- Performing technical office tasks such as screed design, design review, calculations, etc.
- If necessary, assisting on site in supervisory work or carrying out surface regularity tests.
- Forensic problem diagnosis.
Key Skills and Requirements
- The candidate will have a degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical office or field positions.
- Knowledge of concrete flooring calculation
- The candidate must be computer literate with experience in the use of Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and AutoCAD.
- Driving licence and vehicle availability are essential.
- The candidate must have a high level of both English and Spanish.
- Good communication skills and proactive spirit.
- It would be advantageous to have a course in Occupational Risk Prevention (60h).
To apply please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read this job posting in Spanish
Lea esta oferta de trabajo en español